background

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Remembering my Mom


Wow, it's been five years since my mom passed away. Five years of no pain, no worry, no sadness....how could you ask for anything better?

She was a spitfire and quite a handful at times, but there are so many days when it'd be so nice if she was just a phone call away. I miss her checking up on me. I miss her birthday calls. I miss seeing her wrinkle her nose when she smiled at me. I miss watching her ride on the Tilt-A-Whirl because I'll never forget her laughter when she was on it.

These are the memories I hold on to until I can see her again.

4 comments:

  1. Being mom-less is tough! I miss mine too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cil,
    I remember spending the night with you and your Mom's laughter. She always made me feel so comfortable at your home. She was a very special and kind lady to us. I know your pain of missing her will never go away, but remember she is always with you. I think about my Dad every day and I would love so much to speak and hug him. I just think that he is in such a beautiful place and I know he will always be near me.

    Love
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you look so much like your mom! You're both beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, you and your mom look so much alike. What a neat photo, I'm so glad you shared it. You were surely blessed with a wonderful and loving mama. And now you are passing it on to your own daughter -- how awesome. Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete

What's happening in your world?