background

Wednesday, October 8, 2008

My favorite time of year

Everyone has one, right? Their favorite time of year - it's usually linked to a "reason" for having it. Is it the smell? The feel? A good memory? For me, it's all about change. What's my favorite time of year? Autumn, without a doubt!

I like to paint rooms of my house. Not for any particular reason, just to paint it. I like to see the transformation of something and it can't be subtle...it's gotta be different. My sweet hubby thinks I'm nuts, but I have to paint something if I don't get to do a room. Give me a basket, a picture frame, a candelabra - anything - I'll paint it.

It's a fantastic day outside today and the colors are starting to show in the trees by the river and in the hills by our house. I can't explain it but I get this silly kind of smile on my face when I see it. I guess it's the anticipation of the change that will paint our landscape in some of the most beautiful and dramatic colors you can imagine. Can you feel it? It's coming!! Yeah, I LOVE this time of year!

Strange, I never thought of it this way before but it sounds kind of like life and the people we meet, doesn't it? Hmmm....I'll have to think about that one a little more.

4 comments:

  1. Fall is probably my least favorite time of year. (sorry!) I think my favorite is spring. I love seeing the new sprouts and leaves struggling to come out. I must say, though that I love the colors of fall and most of my house is painted in those colors. I enjoy painting too, but right now I am trying to find other people's stuff to paint since I can't really justify my own house getting painted. I think the church youth group room is going to get the benefit of my painting desires this time. :-)

    Post pics of whatever you paint!

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. THX for turning off the word verification!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just going to comment like crazy now! tee hee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this time of year! I can't wait to take pictures of all the leaves and send them back home. I didn't get good ones last year. Did you see the water this morning? It was beautiful!

    You made my day when you dropped by. Miss seeing you on a daily bases!

    XOXO's

    ReplyDelete

What's happening in your world?