background

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

It's my Birfweek!

Wow! Another year has come and gone and I'm a whopping 43 years old! Hey, I'm not complaining, I'm just wondering why I still feel like a kid and not the grown up lady I am. Age is just a number right? It's all about how you feel about yourself and where you're at in life. Right now I'm feeling great about the ME I am, I'm making progress in my fitness life and I have an awesome family. What more could a girl want?

My sweetie took me out for my birthday dinner to The Cheesecake Factory last night. Aanika picked Steak Diane for us to share and then Kev and I shared my favorite cheesecake - The Tuxedo. Yummy! Here's our self portrait to commemorate our fun evening out.

For those of you wondering, I have thus declared Birfweek! It started yesterday on my actual birthday and will go through Sunday. Kev's taking me golfing in Eureka Springs, AR and Aanika will spend the weekend with Oma & Opa. Yea! I can't wait!

For those of you who don't know what a Birfweek is, here's the definition:
Part 1: A birfweek is an extension of a birthday-day (as in “it’s my Birfday!”). It is up to the person celebrating to decide if the days preceding or following the actual birthday are part of said birfweek (the birthday has to fall somewhere within these days). Birfweek ‘start’ has to be verbally declared, with sufficient notice, for planning by the spouse or significant other.
Part 2: The person celebrating their birfweek is allowed to purchase at least one birthday item of their choosing (within reason) and not have to explain why it was purchased. This does NOT count as the gift from the significant other!
Part 3: Something has to be purchased for or done for, in regard to the person celebrating, on each day of the birfweek in recognition of said celebration. (i.e. massage, not cooking, salon trip etc.)

NOTE: No children are allowed in the practice of Birfweek. This is designed for spouses and significant others ONLY!

1 comment:

What's happening in your world?