background

Friday, December 5, 2008

The New Citizen Oath

Today Aanika took the oath of an official "new" citizen! (Sorry, I have no pictures). Even though she technically became a citizen on the day that our plane landed in Chicago in 2003, there was still some final paperwork that would make it official. I've procrastinated for five years with getting this taken care of but I'm so glad I didn't get it done when she was a baby. After seeing her her stand there with her right hand raised promising to protect her nation, bear arms if necessary and to be a productive citizen, it was worth it! It was even better when the officials that oversee the process complimented her on how good she did with the oath....sure wish I could have recorded it!

2 comments:

  1. It's recorded in your mind. Maybe this was not for the rest of us to enjoy, but just for you!

    Congrats Aanika!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to Annika. I did take a camera when my girls went for their certificates. They did not have to do anything like Annika did. They were basically handed the flags and their certificates, that was it. I did get pic's though. Maybe they felt my girls were to young..Em was only a bit over a year, Carley was about 3 or 4...I forget now.
    Marie G

    ReplyDelete

What's happening in your world?