background

Sunday, March 27, 2005

Easter


Happy Easter! It’s been a quiet week for us here as Aanika has had a bit of a tummy bug that she decided she’d share with her momma. We’re on the mend thankfully and are looking forward to a wonderful week with the temps forecasted to be in the 70’s-80’s all week and mostly sunny. This week has also involved a huge jump in language use for Aanika. She’s starting to put together sentences that tell you exactly what she’s wanting. It’s so great to see the changes - I’m really looking forward to the days that I don’t have to be a mind reader or an interpreter!
We’re pretty excited that we were able to get Aanika’s tables completely finished this weekend. The picnic table is stained ‘Rosewood’ and has a nice varnished finish on it. The white play-table was quite fun to do too. I cut up a wallpaper border and did a decoupage technique with it (just a fancy word for tons ‘o glue) around all four sides of the table and down onto each leg. When I was thinking of how to decorate it, I could see it being fun and playful with a bit of a whimsical flair…mind you, this is a huge feat for me seeing that I like everything symmetrical and linear - we think it turned out great!
The picture is of Aanika wearing her new easter hat from Bompa Marx.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's happening in your world?