background

Saturday, September 11, 2004

The Opposum Fight


It’s been a pretty uneventful week here unless you count my 2 a.m. fight with beady-eyed Mr. Opossum in the backyard on Thursday. The neighbor dog wouldn’t stop barking and we couldn’t sleep, the more I couldn’t sleep the angrier I got! Well, I was bound and determined to find out what had this dog so fired up so I threw on my robe and went out ready for battle. Well, I only managed to pelt him with some wood chips and he scampered down the fence figuring that I’d leave him alone…. I guess he wasn’t counting on the fact that I don’t care for rodent-type critters and I came back with a broom, swung it hard like a baseball bat, and smacked him clean off the fence! Things quieted down quite a bit after that.
Aanika does have a new obsession that we’ve been dealing with…actually it was my fault that it got started. Many of you probably know that I absolutely love Riverdance (the Irish Dance production) and I have it on videotape. Needless to say, Aanika got hooked and tries to dance with it – even to the point that she moves her head like they do in the opening dance! It’s now to the point that as soon as their feet stop moving, she’s running for the remote to fast forward to the next dance…it’s cute and funny but this goes on all day long! I swear I can hear that tape in my sleep… I’ve created a monster. The picture this week is of the little one all dolled up in her new ‘pretties’ that Crazy Aunt Chris sent to her. The bracelets/ankle bracelets are a huge hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's happening in your world?